12/1/20 UPDATE: The current position was filled, but we may be hiring again early to mid next year, thank you!
Emer Eye Care is a well established, local optometry practice of over 30 years. Voted Best of Kenosha 2019 (and hoping for 2020!), we are growing and currently hiring for an administrative and optometric assistant position. We pride ourselves in providing full scope medical eye care with warm, personal service in our front office and optical.
You will play a critical role in our growing practice! We are looking for the right candidate (or candidates) to work in dual roles. One, as an optometric technician, providing patient intake, pretesting and other patient testing. Two, outside of patient interaction, you will help in building our practice, through finding community involvement opportunities, social media, our website and online presence, working with our team, office management, etc. You will have the opportunity to grow not only your knowledge of eye care and optometry, but to help further connect us with our community while growing our practice.
While experience is preferred, we will hire and train the right candidate! If you have an outgoing, positive, energetic personality and are a motivated, passionate person, you might be the one for the job! We are looking for an all-star who can continue to take our practice to the next level while further establishing Emer Eye Care as a family owned, local private practice in our community!
- High school diploma necessary
- Postsecondary education and/or college degree preferred
- Strong computer knowledge and skills necessary
- Strong communication and written skills necessary
- Medical office experience preferred
- Knowledge of the optometry industry, eyewear and testing procedures a preferred
Personality and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, outgoing, energetic
- Professional demeanor and appearance, courteous and composed, articulate
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills, attention to detail
- Patient intake and pretesting
- Patient testing (visual fields, OCT, retinal photos, etc.), contact lens training
- Answering phones, taking emergency calls, scheduling
- Other potential roles: billing and coding, insurance, glasses and contact lens orders, frame selection, fitting/adjusting/repairing glasses
Hours and Pay
- Fair pay with the opportunity for raises and bonuses
- Hours: 15-20/wk increasing to full time as office management role increases
Please send in all cover letters, resumes and references through our office email or directly to our office, thank you!